Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2: Reverb 10 - Writing

December 2 Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)

Hmmm, this one is interesting. I do a lot of things that don't contribute to my writing.  However, my goals aren't centered around my blog writing, so I may modify my entry today and make it about what I do each day that doesn't contribute to my life goals.

Here's a short list of the big hitters:

#1.  Work - I mean my current day job.  I consider this the worst culprit! I don't think it actually contributes to much happiness in my life other than it gives me money to have a few things that I enjoy...like my horse.  It also doesn't give me confidence in myself.  In fact, since entering the "industry" I've lost much self esteem. I feel like a lackey. Trust me, I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate this one.

#2.  Shopping - I shop just to shop. I will only go by myself and I can spend hours.  Luckily, I usually don't buy anything, so it doesn't do much damage on my wallet, but it wastes time and I think it's some sort of disease....like hoarding (btw, does anyone watch TLC's Hoarders? WOWZA - if that's not motivation to simplify your life, I don't know what is!).  Okay, eliminating it...well, yeah, I've admitted I have a problem, so that's step one, right?

#3. Clutter - A cluttered living space = a cluttered mind.  This stresses me out and renders me useless.  I am really really trying to be good about putting things in their rightful place so as to get rid of the clutter in my house and free my mind!  For instance, I've been doing small loads of laundry to keep the mountain under control.  This has done wonders!  I don't HATE laundry anymore, because I don't let it pile up. 

#4. TV & Video Games - Yes, I'm a victim of trash TV and Mario Bros (or Rock Band).  But I'm listing this last on my short list, because I tend to try to do too many things in one day and sometimes I need to relax and enjoy a mindless show or develop my hand/eye coordination on the DS ;)  That said, Rogér and I ditched Cable/Satellite and it's been a release.  We only watch on Netflix, or streaming from other websites, and local TV.  Cuts our monthly costs too!

-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. FYI - I think your font changed for this post and its hard to read in my blog reader. Just thought you should know.

    Plus you misplace writing in your title! How's that for a perfectionist proofreading your blogs??? Don't you love have a perfectionist for a best friend?? :-)

    ReplyDelete