Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3: Reverb 10 - Moment

Today's Reverb 10 prompt is:

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

It's hard to remember one moment in so much detail.  I may have to pick two...yep, I'm picking two, because both moments were very empowering for me.

The first moment during which I felt most alive this year was snowboarding in Bear Valley with my husband.  I really LOVE to snowboard in the first place, but this particular day was exceptionally memorable.  Everything felt right. Bear Valley is currently our favorite ski spot because of the beautiful, tree studded terrain and the limited number of people.  It's like you own the mountain.  I was in a good groove, so I headed through a patch of trees. The snow was perfect.  The air was crisp and chilled, but fresh. I weaved through the trees, landing a couple (small) jumps along the way!  My muscles moved all the right ways.  I didn't have to think about anything. It was pure freedom. 

The second moment happened in the spring.  I'd been riding my young thoroughbred horse, Ronin, a lot, and we were really becoming a TEAM.  I hadn't tried cantering him yet, well, I take that back....I did try once, about a year before, which started and ended in disaster.  Now I was finally ready to try again. The arena was mostly empty.  We trotted around for a while, practicing our serpentines and spirals.  He was responsive, I was in control.  Coming into a short end of the arena, I gave Ronin the queue for more and a big *SMOOCH*.  And there we were, cantering!  And it felt good; exhilarating and liberating.  There's a deep connection when you and your horse both know you've done something well.  It's hard to describe but it's one of the best feelings in the world, for me, anyway.  
  
-Sarah
 

1 comment:

  1. I think another great moment was when you found out you were preggars! However you probably don't want to post the details about the real reason how you found out on your blog! I remember vividly where I was, what I was doing and my reaction! Maybe that should be my moment! haha! :-)

    ReplyDelete