Friday, September 4, 2009

Jackpot!


At some point, we find ourselves knee deep in materials, tools, little pieces we’ve made here and baubles we’ve made there. There are only so many friends available to give handmade earrings and bracelets to so we shove our slaved over creations into containers and stack them away in closets until the next craft fair. As for me, my crafts end up spread out all over the living room and spare bedroom. What to do with this array? My first attempt at displaying my work to the masses was an Ebay store. I found the user interface cumbersome. Too many options, links, and whatnot, I often struggled to find the information I was looking for and if I found it, I could never recall how to get to it again. Not to mention, I wasn’t reaching the right market. One day, I was searching for comparable products to help price my miniature polymer clay figurines, which led me to Red Fenyx’s Etsy shop. Aha! Etsy, a perfect marketplace for all things handcrafted and wonderfully organized & simple. LOVE IT!

I opened an Etsy shop for my mini figurines and charms, bloempot. My new Etsy shop for invitations, announcements, and stationary will be up soon, bloem designs.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment