Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Bobbin's Nest

My friend Lisa, gave me a knitting class at The Bobbin's Nest for my birthday. So yesterday, we packed up our knitting hand-me-downs, (Lisa's mom bestowed upon her about 100 knitting needles, crochet hooks, baubles and whatnots, from her late Oma), and headed over.  First of all, this studio is so cute!  They have really great, high quality fabrics and yarn.  Our teacher, Charlotte, walked us through getting the right yarn, casting on, knit and pearl stitches, and she taught me a little fixer trick with a crochet hook!  They give you a beginner scarf pattern project, and since it's a two part class, I'll be back next Saturday to finish up mine.


For those who would like to learn to sew, they also have sewing classes.  My friend, Maria, took one where she made a beautiful reversible tote!  


(Photos courtesy of The Bobbin's Nest Website)

No comments:

Post a Comment